The UK’s most beautiful boutique festival continues its eclectic musical tradition as it announces the line up for its 6th glorious year. With a fusion of indie pop Brit nominees Scouting for Girls and ‘Belle de Jour’ Imelda May, the stage is shared with inimitable girl group The Sugababes and Chrissie Hynde’s legendery rock outfit The Pretenders.
‘Cornbury is a unique experience in all manner of ways’, says promoter Hugh Phillimore. ‘We’re immensely proud of our musical diversity and family friendly ethos. Where else could you see The Damned and the Sugababes on one bill?’
The festival embraces the ‘something for everyone’ approach. From alt rockers The Magic Numbers and rising stars Teddy Thompson and Ava Leigh, to the retro classic chic of Sharleen Spiteri, Cornbury attracts festival goers from all age ranges and with all manner of tastes.
Cornbury is about its beautiful Cotswold location, fantastic food, hot air balloons, the madness of the many morris dance pageant, children’s theatre workshops, great festival shops and a huge fairground all held together by a carefully selected spectrum of top music talent. Typically English – eccentric, eclectic and inclusive – a farmers’ market with a dancefloor, a county fayre with a rock ‘n’ roll twist indeed!
Full line up:
Saturday, July 11thh:
Scouting For Girls
Boy Least Likely To
Relay (local school band comp win)
The Word Stage:
I Am Kloot
The Love Trousers
Sunday, July 12th:
Laura & The Tears
Oxford Folk Festival Stage:
3 Daft Monkeys
· For all ticket information please visit www.cornburyfestival.com
· Tickets prices:- Adult weekend with camping £110/under 16 £65, Day tickets – Adult £55/under 16 £27.50
· Cornbury Festival is promoted by Hugh Phillimore and is produced by Cornbury Music Festival Ltd and Music Producers Sound Advice Ltd
· Cornbury takes place on 11th and 12th of July 2009 at the Cornbury Park Estate, Charlbury, Oxfordshire, OX7 3EH.
· Cornbury Festival is 30 minutes from Oxford and 75 minutes from London
· Parking is free at the festival grounds