Bravo

Bravo executive and host Andy Cohen lands book deal

Bravo Executive Vice-President and “Watch What Happens Live” host Andy Cohen has signed a book deal.
The 43-year-old, who helped make the cable network a success with hit shows like “Project Runway,” Kathy Griffin: My Life on the D-List” and “The Real Housewives” franchise, announced Monday that he is about to write his first book about his life experience, reports The Hollywood Reporter.

“It’ll be a memoir, of sorts, about my intersections with pop culture over the years, from growing up in front of the TV as a kid in St. Louis to my years at CBS News, all the way up to today,” Cohen said on his blog. “The stories I’ve been saving up are funny and improbable and really define who I am today.”

The executive, who is gay, will also discuss his journey towards coming to terms with his sexuality, his beginnings with CBS news as a reporter and producer, and his current position as head of original programming at Bravo.

“This is something I’ve always wanted to do and, if you’ve read this blog much over the past seven years, you know that writing is something I enjoy,” he wrote. “And, yes, I will write every word of it, I don’t know how I could settle for anything less than writing it myself. I started last weekend and have much work to do (understatement) before it comes out next summer.”

The book will be published by Henry Holt and Company, which also published actor Rob Lowe’s New York Times best-selling memoir, “Stories I Only Tell My Friends.”

The celebrity magazine reported that Cohen has received a six-figure advance for the book.

Cohen requested fans to help him decide on the memoir’s title, but jokingly provided a list of them that he will not use: “A Million Little Mazels,” “Andy!,” “Curlytop!” and “Every Which Way But Mazel!,” among others.

Stephen Rubin, Holt’s President and publisher, called Cohen is a “marketing genious” in the statement.

“What nobody knows as of yet, is that Andy is also a very seductive and compelling writer with a story to tell that will charm, shock and engage readers with its candor, honesty and wit. Andy is as irresistible on the page as he is on screen.”

Cohen’s as-yet untitled book is scheduled for summer of 2012.

Tuesday Nights on Bravo Full of Fashion and Fun.

Tuesday Nights on Bravo Full of Fashion and Fun

Tuesday Nights on Bravo Full of Fashion and Fun

If you’re looking for fashion mixed with a little drama, then Tuesday nights on Bravo are just for you. “The Rachel Zoe Project” and two new series will air each Tuesday night beginning in August.

 

“The Rachel Zoe Project” gets even more intimate this season as Zoe works to further her business and prepare for a baby. The designer has a new team to overlook, a brand new clothing line, and celebrity clients. On top of it all, Zoe is getting ready to welcome a very special addition into her life.

A new series, “Fashion Hunters,” focuses on style seekers who hit the streets of New York-or the closets, rather- to find the best looks. Those featured on the show work at Second Time Around, a shop that brings together great bargains and designer brands.

“Mad Fashion” features Chris March of “Project Runway.” Audiences will get a special look into March’s creative process as cameras follow him from beginning to end of making ensembles.

The shows premiere August 2 at 9 p.m. ET/PT on Bravo.

Kim Zolciak Confirms Pregnancy Rumors

Kim Zolciak Confirms Pregnancy Rumors

Kim Zolciak Confirms Pregnancy Rumors

Kim Zolciak Confirms Pregnancy Rumors. “The Real Housewives of Atlanta” star Kim Zolciak is pregnant, and the show’s fans just met her baby daddy on an episode aired last week. The 32-year-old Bravo reality TV star and boyfriend Kroy Biermann, 25, finally confirmed previous reports that she is expecting her third child.  
Last month, Kim denied the pregnancy report after a jealous ex-boyfriend leaked the news. She said that she was “appalled and disgusted” by the leak, “I wasn’t through my first trimester – you never know what could happen.” But now that she is three months along, she is confirming the news, telling Life & Style magazine, “I’m the happiest I’ve ever been.” This will be her third child and her first with Kroy. She has two daughters – 13-year-old Brielle and 9-year-old Ariana – from a previous relationship. Kim has been going out with Kroy since May. Kim said that she can see herself being married to Kroy but not until she’s already given birth

“Real Housewife” Sonja Morgan Filing For Bankruptcy

“Real Housewife” Sonja Morgan Filing For Bankruptcy

“Real Housewife” Sonja Morgan Filing For Bankruptcy

“Real Housewife” Sonja Morgan Filing For Bankruptcy. It looks like Bravo’s “Real Housewives” franchise is staying current with the times as yet another star is finding herself in a financial mess. “Real Housewives of New York City” member Sonja Tremont-Morgan has filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, citing $19.8 million in debt and $13.5 million in assets. Gossip sites are reporting that the man-eating blonde on the show is not in denial over her money crisis, unlike some other housewives in the news these days. Morgan explains, “The decision to seek bankruptcy relief was not an easy one, but unfortunately, I am at a crossroads in my life.” Her troubles began with a lawsuit filed against her by Hannibal Pictures, Inc. Reports indicate her production company, Sonja Productions, failed to produce a film called “Fast Flash To Bang Time,” which was to star John Travolta. The project never saw the light of day as her production company couldn’t meet Travolta’s “various conditions” and demands, with Hannibal pressing charges against her and winning $7 million. Despite the circumstances, the reality television star has a few future projects in the works. Morgan still has her spot on the “Real Housewives of New York” cast , and plans to release her own cookbook and potential clothing line as well. Other “Real Housewives” stars such as New Jersey’s Teresa Guidice and Washington D.C.’s Michaele Salahi have also found themselves in hot water and filed for bankruptcy.

“Top Chef” Teams Up With Godiva For Chocolate Gift Box

"Top Chef" Teams Up With Godiva For Chocolate Gift Box

"Top Chef" Teams Up With Godiva For Chocolate Gift Box

“Top Chef” Teams Up With Godiva For Chocolate Gift Box.  Just like Gayle Simmons promised on Wednesday night’s episode of “Top Chef: Just Desserts,” fans of the show (or at least of unique chocolate creations) can now get a taste of the show thanks to Godiva. The winning desserts of Wednesday night’s Quickfire challenge, where contestants had to create four different chocolates inspired by their own story for a Godiva gift box, are now on sale. In this box of chocolates, you do know what you’re gonna get. The limited edition “Top Chef Chocolate Gift Box” includes two pieces each of Acai Berry, Passion Fruit, Green Tea, and Chocolate Mendiant. The Acai Berry includes dark chocolate ganache layered with acai, rose and berry ganache inside a white chocolate shell, Passion Fruit mixes white chocolate and passion fruit ganache in a white chocolate shell, Green Tea has a tea mousse center in a white chocolate shell, and Chocolate Mendiant is dark chocolate topped with bits of dried apricot, tart cherry, and sea salt. Chef Morgan Wilson’s winning variations, inspired by milestones in his life, included odes to his son, marriage, and even his “Top Chef: Just Desserts” journey. The 37-year-old Executive Pastry Chef at The Ritz-Carlton in Dallas is only one of three remaining contestants on the show. The 8 pieces of chocolate in the “Top Chef Chocolate Gift Box” will run $20, or about an average of $2.50 a bonbon. They’re available for purchase online and at Godiva stores nationwide, as well as some Macy’s and Barnes & Noble stores. Meanwhile, things are heating up in the “Top Chef: Just Desserts” kitchens with only three contestants remaining. The season finale airs next week, while “Top Chef” returns for its eighth season December 1st on Bravo.

Bethenny Frankel, Vince Neil Go “Skating With The Stars”

Bethenny Frankel, Vince Neil Go “Skating With The Stars”

Bethenny Frankel, Vince Neil Go “Skating With The Stars”

Bethenny Frankel, Vince Neil Go “Skating With The Stars”. Following up this season of “Dancing with the Stars” is a brand new competition show skating its way onto ABC, “Skating with the Stars.” Among the participants are a Grammy Award-winning rocker and a Bravo reality star. Bethenny Frankel, of “Real Housewives of NYC” and “Bethenny Getting Married?” fame, is set to hit the ice for the new show, along with Motley Crue frontman Vince Neil, and actress Sean Young, star of films like “Blade Runner” and “Ace Ventura: Pet Detective.” Also donning skates for “Skating with the Stars” are Brandon Mychal Smith, of the Demi Lovato-starring Disney Channel hit “Sonny with a Chance,” “All My Children” star Rebecca Budig, and former Olympic skier Jonny Moseley. Do I smell a winner? “Skating with the Stars,” from the producers of the hit “Dancing with the Stars,” will pair up celebrities with world class ice skaters to compete in front of millions. Just like it’s sister show, a panel of judges will give scores, and viewers at home will as well with their votes, sending one couple off the ice each week. “Skating with the Stars” will premiere Monday, November 22nd at 9pm ET

Bravo Looking For Possible Replacement For New Jersey Housewife.

Bravo Looking For Possible Replacement For New Jersey Housewife Teresa Giudice.

Bravo Looking For Possible Replacement For New Jersey Housewife Teresa Giudice.

Bravo Looking For Possible Replacement For New Jersey Housewife Teresa Giudice. Cash-strapped housewife Teresa Giudice is on the verge of getting kicked out of “The Real Housewives of New Jersey.” The producers of the Bravo show won’t give in to her salary demands. According to our source, Teresa, who is $11 million in debt with husband Joe, wants to have her salary doubled. In addition to the pay increase, she also demanded to get a cut of the DVD and merchandise sales of the show and the freedom to make more paid appearances. Our source told us, “If she’s not treated better by Bravo, she’s ready to walk away.” But the problem is, Bravo isn’t showing signs of giving in to her demands. Tthe network is already losing patience with the table-flipping housewife. Producers are now said to be looking at possible replacements.
Aside from the show’s villainous Danielle Staub, all the other women are slated to return for next season.

advertentie
advertentie
advertentie
Last minute news
Archive